Saturday, May 31, 2014

Power tools, hole

May 31st. Well, the time has finally come to cut the hole. Good ol' Ross (Tim the tool man Taylor...) made the trek over to help cut the hole. It's nice when you have the right tools, er, or have a friend with the right tools...We used the standard technique of measure twice cut three times...yes, there were some re-cuts...but, no mistakes that our favorite phrase of the day couldn't take care of - "that's what the trim is for..." Of course, I still have to cut the trim. I'm sure I'll have a new phrase that day. Kids, plug your ears.

After bracing the rafters inside, the hole was cut. The roof didn't cave in. I'd call that a success! Ross was not going to have alcohol before cutting the hole. That was Ross.....I had to have a rum during this process.
We finished securing the new studs to help support the roof. We then removed the braces. The roof didn't cave in. I'd call that another success!

And how do reward success? Well, a few beers I guess...and we did.

Here's a couple pictures. Next up, thatch on the roof, and maybe the siding.

Oh, almost forgot, Yogi heard we were building a tiki bar and decided to pay us a visit the night before.





No comments :

Post a Comment